Information Systems in Production (WP)
level of course unit
First cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
The students are able to:
• Analyze and structure business processes in production.
• Record actual data and identify interfaces.
• Verify best practices in production processes.
• Verify organizational forms and data in the system.
• Optimize processes through system support and apply modern methods (e.g. Lean, Kanban, ...) with system support.
• Identify, analyze and classify interfaces internally and externally.
• Record data structures.
• Ensure quality requirements during implementation.
• Be familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of different providers.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Best practice processes and KPIs for production
• Authorization concept
• Product lifecycle management
• Production planning and control
• Enterprise structures and master data structures.
• Support through ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems
• Integration of SCM (Supply Chain Management) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) with the production process
• Support methods for optimizing production through information systems, including web applications and mobile devices.
• Design and customizing of the system to ensure quality and integration
• Application integration, long-term archiving
recommended or required reading
• Gudehus (2012): Logistics 1: Grundlagen, Verfahren und Strategien, 4th Edition, Springer Verlag Berlin
• Gudehus (2012): Logistics 2: Netzwerke, Systeme und Lieferketten, 4th Edition, Springer Verlag Berlin
• Morgan, Liker (2006): The Toyota Product Development System: Integrating People, Process and Technology, Productivity Press
• Scheer, et al. (2005): Prozessorientiertes Product Lifecycle Management, Springer Verlag Berlin
• Sendler, Wawer (2007): CAD and PDM: Prozessoptimierung durch Integration, 2nd Edition, Carl Hanser Publisher Munich
• Gebhardt (2007): Generative Fertigungsverfahren, 3rd Edition, Carl Hanser Publisher Munich
assessment methods and criteria
Project documentation and final presentation, final report
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Director of Studies
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery