Digital Transformation I: Basics (E)
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know the basics and basic concepts of digitization (with corresponding cross-reference to economics).
• gain an overview of the most important topics and theories of digitization.
• recognise the interrelationships and have a basic understanding of how digitization affects the economy.
• are skilled in the initial applications of digital management to their own company.
• develop an active interest in digitization and can place it in a broader context (i.e. not just technology or IT).
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Introduction and history of the development of digitization
• Basic concepts and basic theories of digitization
• Overview of the factors influencing Markets & Companies through digitization
• First digital application and implementation methods in a business context
• Overview of the connections between digitization and classical business-related management functions (marketing, sales, HR, RandD, etc.)
recommended or required reading
• Hoffmeister, Christian: Digital Business Modelling. Hanser (latest edition)
• Urbach, Nils; Röglinger, Maximilian (publisher): Digitalization Cases: How Organiza-tions Rethink Their Business for the Digital Age. Springer (latest edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery