Digital Transformation III: Communication & Practical Project II (E)
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know the impact of digitization on communication and information.
• can apply project management methods to digitization.
• are capable of implementing digitization in the form of a project on a company.
• master the "tools” to achieve digitization.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Successful completion of the course: Digital Transformation I: Basics and Digital Transformation II: Markets & Companies
• Impact of digitization on communication and information using proven concepts (stakeholders, etc.)
• Importance and change of project management in the digital age
• Elaboration of a practical project focusing on digitization using a specific company
• Toolbox for the implementation of digital topics
recommended or required reading
• Hoffmeister, Christian: Digital Business Modelling. Hanser (latest edition)
• Urbach, Nils; Röglinger, Maximilian (publisher): Digitalization Cases: How Organiza-tions Rethink Their Business for the Digital Age. Springer (latest edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery