Market Research & Customer Insights (E)
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know how important marketing is as a customer-oriented way of thinking and corporate philosophy.
• know and understand the basic concepts of marketing.
• are able to apply this knowledge to real issues.
• can name and interpret the elements of the marketing mix for products (4P) or services (7P).
• know about the relevance of the brand for the success of the company.
• can integrate brand-relevant aspects into the marketing mix of a company.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Significance of market research and integration into the marketing process
• Customer and markets as objects of market research
• Planning and implementation of market research projects
• Creation and programming of questionnaires
• Basic qualitative and quantitative analysis methods
• Application of statistical software (SPSS, R, Stata) for data analysis
• Interpretation of results and derivation of recommendations for action
- Options and sources of secondary market research (e.g. Big Data)
recommended or required reading
• Mooi, Erik et al.: Market Research. Springer (latest edition)
• Runkler, Thomas: Data Analytics. Springer (latest edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery