Effective leadership and self-management
level of course unit
1st Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Introduction to leadership theory with reference to previous contents of the degree program
• Principles, tasks and tools of effective leadership
• Personal working methods, self-management and self-motivation as key compe-tences in the VUCA world
• Methods for diagnosing and optimizing (self-) leadership
prerequisites and co-requisites
• know the basics of management theory.
• understand the main principles, tasks and tools of effective leadership.
• are familiar with the topics of self-management, self-motivation and general lead-ership of their own person.
• are capable of diagnosing and developing leadership skills.
recommended or required reading
• Drucker, Peter: Management – Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices. Harper&Row (in the current edition)
• Malik, Fredmund: Führen - Leisten - Leben. Campus (in the current edition)
• 1-2 articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery