Energy & Sustainability Management PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The former master's program European Energy Business at the FH Kufstein Tirol has been revised and enriched with the new subject matter of sustainability. With this development, a new and future-oriented degree program in the field of energy system transformation and sustainability has been created which meets the demands of current economic trends and developments in the job market.
The expansion of renewable energy and the development of innovative mobility concepts requires strategic thinking, proactive action, and the foresight to evaluate complex interrelationships. Students gain the necessary skills for these tasks and areas of responsibility alongside their current professional and/or family obligations. The master's program includes distance learning elements in addition to blocked classroom teaching.
- Strategic management of renewable energies, innovative mobility concepts & sustainable products and services
- Leadership and communication skills
- Innovative solutions grounded in scientific methods
- Blocked classroom sessions and distance learning elements for easier reconciliation of study and work and/or family
- Product development and innovation management for energy, mobility & sustainability
- Strategic energy and sustainability consulting
- Operational/regional sustainability and environmental controlling
- Strategic trade in renewable energies
- Project management and research
- 37% energy business
- 25% business administration & law
- 20% complementary competencies & knowledge application
- 18% management & leadership
Energy & Sustainability Management
In order to shape a tomorrow that also meets the needs of future generations, experts must be able to recognize and evaluate trends early on and draw the right conclusions. This master's degree, which goes far beyond a purely subject-specific education, provides both the necessary field-specific knowledge as well as the essential interdisciplinary skills. In terms of content, students can expect a broad spectrum of topics from the fields of ecology, economics, and technology. This includes sustainability and innovation in energy systems, environmental controlling, and the development of sustainable mobility concepts. Competence is further enriched by topics such as the circular economy, bioeconomy, asset and portfolio management, as well as investment and risk management. The ability to tackle strategic management questions, project management, marketing, and human resources management round out the skills of graduates as future executives. Elective courses provide individual freedom for further study.
International Network & Career Path
The close contact between students, lecturers, and alumni from all areas of energy, environmental and sustainability management creates an extensive professional network. The WinterSchool also contributes to this: First, through cooperation in international teams, but also though the excellent network the program has established with the international professional community. Through the tight integration of the program with the FH’s own Research Institute in the field, students are also involved in the latest research projects.
- Face-to-face teaching phases: 2 whole weeks and 5-6 weekends
- International study trip in Semester 4
- International and interdisciplinary WinterSchool
- Regular fireside chats with companies
- Sustainability Week & promotions