Quality matters to all of us
This maxim is the bedrock which has always guided quality-awareness among the active stakeholders at Kufstein University of Applied Sciences. The firmly rooted philosophy of quality gives rise to sustainability, and this helps to create a quality culture within the institution.
All universities of applied sciences in Austria are legally bound (§ 2 Abs 3 FHG) to build its own quality management system in due to quality and performance assurance. The Kufstein University of Applied Sciences has opted for an integrated processoriented quality management covering all areas of the university. The entire Prozess Management is based on constant improvement and therefore on the quality control loop known as the PDCA cycle (plan, do, check, act). The current version of the process map is always accessible to all staff members through the university's intranet.
QM-department´s key responsibilities:
- Process Management
- Accreditations and Certifications
- Internal Revisions of all Bachelor- und Masterstudiengänge
- IT-based handling of all LV-and continuing education evaluations
- Information management
- Statutory Quality assurance procedures like accreditations and audits
- Setup and development of quality goals and quality strategy
- Development of organisational guidelines
- Graduate surveys and elections