Supervised Individual Project
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
- are able to align the subject areas of their studies with their individual, professional interests and abilities
- can define a project in accordance with their professional interests and under consideration of academic approaches, which deepens and expands the individual knowledge and skills within the scope of the subject areas of the study course
- have worked independently and successfully on a task of their own choice
prerequisites and co-requisites
Courses of the previous semester successfully completed.
Within the framework of an individual project, the students independently define a
A task which, in accordance with the subject areas of the degree program, is suitable for strengthening the respective knowledge and skills of the students.
The project work strengthens the independence and the goal-oriented work of the students so that they do not lose sight of the goal even in the case of unforeseen difficulties.
The project builds on the fundamentals of academic work and enables students to develop and apply an academic and systematic approach.
The students are supported and advised by the lecturer.
recommended or required reading
- Bänsch, Axel: Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten: Seminar- und Diplomarbeiten. - München [u.a.]: Oldenbourg, 2009
- Chalmers, Alan: Wege der Wissenschaft.- Berlin; Heidelberg: Springer, 2007
- Eco, Umberto: Wie man eine wissenschaftliche Abschlussarbeit schreibt.- UTB Facultas Universitätsverlag, 2010
- Karmasin, Matthias; Ribing, Rainer. Die Gestaltung wissenschaftlicher Arbeiten. 6. Auflage, facultas.wuv / UTB, Wien, 2011.
- Leopold-Wildburger, Ulrika; Schütze, Jörg. Verfassen und Vortragen: Wissenschaftliche Arbeiten und Vorträge leicht gemacht. Springer, Berlin et al., 2002
assessment methods and criteria
Homework and/or project documentation
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Needs-based coaching of students on individually selected project tasks
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Karsten Böhm
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery