Industrial Engineering & Management FT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the Program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The challenges of business are diverse and complex, and interdisciplinary skills are required for successful and sustainable solutions.
Industrial engineers are ideally trained as brokers between technology and business - they solve goal-oriented tasks from a technical, economic and social point of view.
- Integrated, organized semester abroad at one of 215 partner universities
- Practice-oriented studies with very good career prospects owing to projects and guest lecturers
- Focus on product creation with two fields of in-depth study: Product Development and Organization & Management.
- Excellent staff-student ratio
- Independent use of laboratories
- Product management and development
- Production planning, controlling & logistics
- Information management & IT support
- Product marketing
- Environmental and energy technology
- Materials management & purchasing
- Technical building services
- Business consulting
- 44 % engineering sciences
- 16 % international competencies
- 13 % compulsory electives
- 11 % economics & management
- 10 % social competencies
- 6 % knowledge application
The foundation of the Industrial Engineering and Management degree program is the sound engineering and economics training. Previous engineering knowledge is not a prerequisite for the program. The program examines the development process of products, including market opportunity identification, idea generation, product development, and production, from various business perspectives. From the second year on, students specialize in either product development or business organisation and management.
Practically relevant and international
In the program, the students gain deep insight into application through two practical projects, a one-semester internship, excursions, guest lectures, and lecturers from the business world. Using the Industrial Engineering and Management labs – the LEAN labs and the FabLabs of the workshop Wattens – the students can gain hands-on experience in a secure environment. The semester abroad at the beginning of the third year is a core element of the degree program and enriches the education with an international orientation. The basis of this international orientation comprises courses taught in English as well as the learning and deepening of a foreign language at the university's Competence Center for Languages.
Click here for the practical projects of the Industrial Engineering and Management program.
Job and career
With this internationally accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree, the graduates of this program find themselves perfectly equipped for further training in a matching Master's program or a successful entry into the world of work. Due to the acquired interdisciplinary qualification, industrial engineers can work in many different branches and fields according to their personal interests and abilities.
Recognition of prior learning
Students from selected higher technical educational institutions (HTL) in the following fields of education can enter directly into the 3rd semester and shorten the study time accordingly:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Production Engineering
- Computer Engineering, Business Informatics
- Industrial Engineering
Courses that cannot be substituted (e.g. scientific work, foreign languages, ..) can be taken during the 3rd and 4th semester.
The crediting is done by an application directly to the director of studies.
Additional info: A database for the entire Tyrolean and Vorarlberg university area is available for the recognition of previous knowledge for graduates of higher vocational schools.