Trends in Production (WP)(E) (WP)*
level of course unit
First cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• We know global trends in various industries and can qualify them.
• Know what a trend matrix is and can evaluate it for trends.
• Be able to comprehensively work out new trends and analyze their impact, e.g. on production.
• Can describe actions related to trends.
• Know the importance of sustainability for the entire company.
• We know the possibilities of implementing sustainability in everyday life.
• Can implement strategies and tools.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Current, influential trends will be presented and discussed in this course. This ensures that students have their finger on the pulse of the times with their respective specializations.
• Best Practices and Impact of Global Requirements
• Changes brought about by new integrated global networks, technological developments
• Current organizational forms (e.g. hybrid, fluid)
• New Work Models
• Sustainability management
• Circular economy
recommended or required reading
• depending on the trends in focus
• Use of the "trend radar" instrument
assessment methods and criteria
final written Exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Claudia Van der Vorst, MBA
year of study
Second year of studies
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery