Facility & Real Estate Management FT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the Program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The program in Facility & Real Estate Management provides a sound science-based, practical and interdisciplinary education in the fields of economics, business management, management, real estate economics, facility management, building technology, law, communication and IT. Students are trained to become competent professionals, fully equipped with the skills to deal with the technical, managerial and organizational challenges of Facility Management and Real Estate.
- Broad academic program in business, technology and management
- Relevant to practice thanks to real-life business cases
- Internationalism thanks to a stay abroad and foreign languages
- Ideal prerequisites for career entry
- House and real estate management and real estate trustees
- Banks and insurance companies
- Companies in the areas of industry, energy and the environment
- Building services and advisory services
- Planning, supervision and management of buildings and business premises
- Project management and development
- 22 % Facility Management
- 18 % Real Estate Management
- 8 % Management
- 20 % International Competences
- 7 % Social Competences
- 25 % Practical Transfer
This degree program gives students a fundamental technical knowledge in the fields of engineering and business sciences, IT and law. At the same time particular emphasis is placed on consolidating expertise in planning, construction, management and recovery of property and infrastructures (facilities). Around 20% of the lectures are held in English. Thanks to the International Network, there are a large number of partner universities for students to choose from when it comes to spending a semester abroad and carrying out practical project work. Students are also expected to attend an international summer program for six weeks in Finland, Holland, Germany or Kufstein.
The high quality of this degree course has been verified by an award from the international association IFMA (International Facility Management Association); the foreign language training is UNIcert® certified. Through additional training and certification in Facility Management and Real Estate Management, for example as safety advisors, students can continue to gain further qualifications. Whether administration and valuation of real estate portfolios, investment planning or green building design: wherever real estate related management, communication and planning is demanded, graduates of this degree program will find a wide variety of career opportunities.
- Even more time flexibility in studies through the use of eLearning elements and less on-site attendance.
- International and interdisciplinary EFIM WinterSchool
- Regular fireside chats with companies
Recognition of prior learning
Students have the opportunity to have courses credited to them with previously acquired competencies before the start of the respective semester. The crediting is done by an application directly to the director of studies.