Digital Marketing PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The Master's program in “Digital Marketing”, studied part-time in parallel with employment, concentrates on building competence at the interface of marketing, creativity & web combined with social competences and the acquisition of leadership qualities.
- Innovative and cutting-edge focal points such as omnichannel and content marketing, as well social media
- Individual choice of specializations
- Practice-based projects in the field of marketing, online media and integrated communication
- Top lecturers from business and research
- Best career prospects thanks to the combination of marketing, management & technology
- Marketing & communications manager
- Digital brand & content manager
- Social media manager
- Customer experience manager
- Media and communication consultant
- SEO/SEA manager
- Omnichannel manager
Emphasis of studies
- 37 % Marketing & Web technology
- 20 % Management competences & reflection skills
- 26 % Independence & problem-solving skills
- 17 % Individual specialization
Digital media professionals
New media are bringing wide-ranging changes to societies and markets. Media-based communication pervades everyday life. Companies as well as consumers respond to the new communicative environment created by blogs and social networks like Facebook and Twitter, combined with conventional media channels. In this knowledge society, under the rising influence of digital communications, graduates in Digital Marketing form the increasingly important interface between companies and individual members of the public: professional use of media is indispensable to business success.
Core competences in marketing, communication & web technology
The Master’s degree program is addressed to people in employment with a with a strong interest in marketing and a pronounced technological affinity. Focal points consist in business-related training with focus on digital marketing management as well as a well-founded knowledge of media and technological developments in communication. Important aspects include user-centered cross-media production of content within the context of successful content marketing, suitable social media deployment and the sensible integration of various channels in an omnichannel marketing strategy. Graduates are optimally prepared for leadership positions due to their comprehensive knowledge in the core areas of digital marketing – combined with leadership-relevant social skills and practical project management abilities acquired through company projects. Study times (Friday afternoon and Saturday) are optimally tailored to the requirements of employed students.
Recognition of prior learning
Students have the opportunity to have courses credited to them with previously acquired competencies before the start of the respective semester. The crediting is done by an application directly to the director of studies.