Corporate Transformation Management* PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
Corporate development means implementing changes, including in connection with technological change. Agile companies see change as an opportunity to develop customer-oriented innovations and constantly question their own business model. For this purpose, a basic understanding of digitization and corporate transformation is needed. In a turnaround, creditors must be presented with a viable reorganization concept that is developed on the basis of Austrian and German law. Each semester, individual phases in the life cycle of a company are discussed: start-up, corporate development, and turnaround.
- Focused courses in the fields of economics and law related to transformation and turnaround management
- Expertise in Austrian and German law
- Students work on practical projects from the teaching staff's consulting practice
- Lecturer team of 50 experienced professionals
- Students are involved in the research process with specialist publications
- Unique study trip
- Business development
- Interim management
- Executive positions & upper management
- Consulting in the areas of business strategy & restructuring
- Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) & transformation management
- Management consultancy
- 39% management & business administration
- 27% knowledge application & experimental methods
- 16% selected legal fields
- 14% leadership & social competencies
- 4% study-abroad trip with lectures & expert dialogs
Case studies and research
The Master’s degree program Corporate Transformation Management takes a holistic perspective in studying corporations. In the vigorous academic environment offered by the program, students are presented with managerial and legal instruments required for successfully initiating and executing restructuring concepts. Moreover, students have numerous opportunities to learn how to work with these expert instruments in the context of case studies derived directly from the professional experiences of the instructors. The research conducted by the program’s faculty, in which our students are actively involved, focuses on a transaction-oriented management approach to emphasize value-driven corporate controlling for owner-operated companies.
During the required one-week study trip, students visit companies or experts that have recently initiated transformation and turnaround measures or have dealt with this subject area. Exclusive discussions at executive level provide unique insights into leading companies. Class times on Friday afternoons and Saturdays are ideal for targeted specialization, especially for professionals.
- Further activities of the degree program: Institut für grenzüberschreitende Restrukturierung