Marketing & Customer Experience (E)
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know how important marketing is as a customer-oriented way of thinking and cor-porate philosophy.
• know and understand the basic concepts of marketing.
• are able to apply this knowledge to real issues.
• can name and interpret the elements of the marketing mix for products (4P) or services (7P).
• know about the relevance of the brand for the success of the company.
• can integrate brand-relevant aspects into the marketing mix of a company.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Significance and basics of marketing
• Basic principles of market research
• Customer benefit, customer satisfaction, customer loyalty
• Marketing mix factors
• Product vs. service marketing
• Importance of brands in marketing
recommended or required reading
• Cavallone, Mauro: Marketing and Customer Loyalty. Springer (latest edition)
• Heding, Tilda et al.: Brand Management: Research, Theory and Practice. Routledge (latest edition)
• Kotler, Philip et al.: Marketing Management. Pearson (latest edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery